Finished the Wagon!

Hey everyone,

Finally finished the War Wagon after a few weeks and about 50-60 hours of work. I think the trolls came out a little iffy, but I’m happy with the Wagon and the tuffaloes and the base.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/302008

I used oil paints for the first time, and they were fun to work with. I also tried out a few other weathering techniques, which were also a lot of fun.

While taking a short break from the Wagon, I finally got around to making a mini for my mommy. She’s been asking me to paint something for her desk at work. I found myself with an extra Ghordson Driller (due to a paint-for-trade deal I’ve got going on), and I thought it would be fun to make a really rusty, grimy looking Driller. Here he is:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/301263

I was able to paint him from start to finish in less than a 24-hour period. I am happy with the result overall, though he’s not fairing very well on CMON. Oh well.

I’ve got a lot of stuff in the works right now, including a TON of Khador stuff (Gun Carriage, Karchev, Behemoth, Kodiak, pSorscha, max IFP+WA, and War Dog should all be done very shortly), as well as a Carnivean and an Angelius. I’m also very excited to get another crack at the Dire Troll Mauler and the LoE BE next week. I’m thinking about making a YouTube video as I airbrush the Mauler, but we’ll see. Sounds like a lot of work.

More updates soon — here is a very, very small sample of the Khador models that I’m working on:

Advertisements

Some new stuff

I’ve been working on quite a few things recently, and I’m going to have a ton of updates very soon. At the moment, I’ve got a stack of commission work waiting for me, and I’m extremely exciting about everything. For the local players, I’ve got a Carnivean, Proteus, and War Wagon on the table. Here are some very, very early shots of the War Wagon.

What a fantastic model! It’s got a long, long way to go. But I’m really excited to move forward with it during Spring Break.

I recently finished a couple other commission models. Here is an Earthborn Dire Troll and eThags.

I’m much happier with Thagrosh than I was with the EBDT. But, overall, they both turned out OK.

I’ve also been working on a TON of Khador stuff. I spent most of last week working on Behemoth, and I was really happy with how he was going. But then I tried out a new oil wash technique I learned on Awesome Paint Job. I used the wrong kind of thinner for the oil paints, and it completely destroyed the paint job. You can see it best in the bottom picture: the paint turned frosty, gooey, and started peeling off. It’s ┬ámost visible in his iron shoulders and around his boiler. Unfortunately, he’ll need an acetone bath. Oh well.

I’m also working on a full unit of Iron Fang Pikemen, a Khador BE, Kodiak, Berserker, all sorts of MOWs and I’d say about half the Khador warcasters. That’s just scratching the surface, too! Like I said, I’ve got a TON of painting to do and I should have lots of updates soon.