Finally finished the War Wagon after a few weeks and about 50-60 hours of work. I think the trolls came out a little iffy, but I’m happy with the Wagon and the tuffaloes and the base.
I used oil paints for the first time, and they were fun to work with. I also tried out a few other weathering techniques, which were also a lot of fun.
While taking a short break from the Wagon, I finally got around to making a mini for my mommy. She’s been asking me to paint something for her desk at work. I found myself with an extra Ghordson Driller (due to a paint-for-trade deal I’ve got going on), and I thought it would be fun to make a really rusty, grimy looking Driller. Here he is:
I was able to paint him from start to finish in less than a 24-hour period. I am happy with the result overall, though he’s not fairing very well on CMON. Oh well.
I’ve got a lot of stuff in the works right now, including a TON of Khador stuff (Gun Carriage, Karchev, Behemoth, Kodiak, pSorscha, max IFP+WA, and War Dog should all be done very shortly), as well as a Carnivean and an Angelius. I’m also very excited to get another crack at the Dire Troll Mauler and the LoE BE next week. I’m thinking about making a YouTube video as I airbrush the Mauler, but we’ll see. Sounds like a lot of work.
More updates soon — here is a very, very small sample of the Khador models that I’m working on: